In Las Vegas, landlords have a lot of responsibilities when it comes to their properties. Keeping the property clean is one of their most important duties. When the property is large or there are many tenants, this can be a daunting task. In order to help landlords keep their properties clean, we’ve created a cleaning checklist.
By following this checklist, landlords can ensure that their property is clean and well-maintained. This will create a better living environment for tenants and help to prevent problems in the future.
✔ Declutter the property by removing any unwanted or unnecessary items from the premises
✔ Dust and vacuum all surfaces, including floors, walls, ceilings, light fixtures, and baseboards
✔ Clean all appliances, countertops, cabinets, and backsplashes
✔ Empty the garbage and recycle bins.
✔ Scrub the toilets, sinks, showers, and tubs
✔ Clean the mirrors and tile
✔ Pressure wash the exterior walls and sidewalks
✔ Rake up any leaves or debris and trim any overgrown vegetation
✔ Sweep the porch and wash any outdoor furniture
Once you’ve completed all of these tasks, your property should be sparkly clean and ready for new tenants!
How often should I clean my property?
Ideally, you should clean your property on a monthly basis. This will help to prevent any dirt or grime from building up and make it easier to keep the property clean. If you have tenants, you may want to schedule a professional cleaning service to come in and do a deep clean every few months. This way, you can be sure that the property is always clean and presentable.
How to clean the different areas of the property
- Common Areas: These are the areas of the property that are used by all tenants. They include hallways, stairways, lobbies, and laundry rooms. These areas should be kept clean at all times.
- Carpets: Carpets should be vacuumed on a regular basis. They should also be deep cleaned at least once a year.
- Windows: Windows should be cleaned on a regular basis. This includes both the inside and outside of the windows.
- Gutters: Gutters should be cleaned on a regular basis to prevent leaves and debris from clogging them.
- Lawn: The lawn should be mowed on a regular basis. It should also be free of debris, such as leaves and sticks.
- Driveway: The driveway should be free of oil stains and other debris. It should also be swept on a regular basis.
- Balconies: Balconies should be kept clean and free of debris. They should also be swept on a regular basis.
- Storage Areas: These are the areas of the property where tenants can store their belongings. They include storage units, garages, and basements. These areas should be kept clean and free of clutter.
- Security: The property should be kept secure at all times. This includes making sure that all doors and windows are locked. The property should also be well-lit to deter criminals.
Hire a Property Management Company in Las Vegas
Cleaning your property can be a lot of work. If you don’t have the time or energy to do it yourself, you can always hire a property management company like Faranesh Real Estate & Property Management. Las Vegas Property Management Companies will take care of all of the above tasks for you so that you can focus on other things. This is a great option for landlords who have multiple properties or who live far away from their rental units.