If you’re a landlord in Las Vegas, it’s important to stay on top of spring/summer cleaning and maintenance tasks. By doing so, you can avoid costly repairs and tenant complaints down the road. In this article, we’ll outline some of the most important tasks to tackle during this time of year.
Cleaning and maintenance tasks for landlords in Nevada.
It is important for landlords in Nevada to perform regular cleaning and maintenance tasks on their rental property. This Checklist will help you keep on track with the most important tasks to avoid costly repairs and tenant complaints. Let’s separate the exterior and interior tasks:
- Check the roof for any missing or damaged shingles.
- Inspect gutters and downspouts to ensure they are clear of debris and securely attached to the house.
- Test sprinklers and irrigation systems to make sure they are working properly.
- Fertilize and water the lawn regularly.
- Pull weeds and trim bushes around the property.
- Clean any outdoor areas, such as patios, decks, and porches.
- Inspect the condition of fences and gates.
- Check for cracks or holes in sidewalks and driveways.
- Paint any areas that need it, such as the trim around doors and windows.
- Make sure all outdoor lights are working properly.
- Check for any signs of water damage, such as leaks or mold growth.
- Inspect the furnace and air conditioner to ensure they are in good working order.
- Clean all carpets and floors.
- Dust all surfaces, including ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Wipe down any appliances in the rental unit.
- Test all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Inspect windows and doors to make sure they are properly sealed.
- Check for any signs of pests, such as rodents or insects.
- Call a professional if you suspect any problems with the plumbing or electrical systems.
- Make sure all interior lights are working properly.
By following this checklist, you can be sure that your rental property is in good condition for the spring and summer months.
What Supplies do I need for my Spring/Summer Property Maintenance?
Below is a list of cleaning supplies you’ll need to complete the tasks on the checklist:
- All-purpose cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Carpet cleaner
- Window cleaner
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mop and bucket
- Garden hose
- Weed Whacker
- Roller and tray
- Smoke detectors
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Drain cleaner
- First-aid kit
Hiring a Property Management Company is the Best Way to Care for Your Rental Year-Round
While it’s important to perform regular cleaning and maintenance tasks on your rental property, the best way to ensure it stays in good condition year-round is to hire a professional property management company like Faranesh Real Estate Property Management. A local property manager in the Las Vegas area will take care of all the details for you, from finding qualified tenants to handling repairs and maintenance. If you’re looking for peace of mind and hassle-free property management, contact us today. We would be happy to help you with all your rental needs!